Saturday, August 23, 2008

So I got my uniforms ordered and everything on Friday. I couldn't believe how expensive it was. They told me when I registered for the Academy to plan about $350 for uniforms but with my boots, handcuffs, belt and jacket it was like $480! Oh well I guess, I kind of have to have them in order to go right? :) Now I'm just waiting for my student loan to come into my bank account so that I can go pay for the rest of them. My boots that I got are so freaking cool! They had a nice pair of Rocky boots that were cooler but they just felt kind of tight on my feet and I figured it wasn't worth having sore feet just to get the cooler boots. But the ones I got were pretty dang cool anyway. They're like combat boots, but they zip up the side so they're easier to get on which I like. That's what I hated about the Army was the boots were so dang hard to get on. They were just regular old combat boots though, so what could I expect, but these new ones are so nice I can't wait to go pick everything up. I got my handcuffs and case too, which was cool. They are black handcuffs and they look super awesome! I was reading what I need for the second block of the academy and I think it's kind of wierd that we have to provide our own firearm and 1500 rounds of ammo! Luckily I have a pistol, but I don't think it will work good enough, so I'm going to have to try and sell it and get a Glock I think. Plus I priced the ammo and holy crap it's going to be like $400 for that much ammo. I don't understand why you have to pay almost $4000 in tuition to attend the Academy but then you have to supply your own firearm and ammo? That doesn't make much sense to me. I would think that type of thing would be included in your tuition. You'd think that they'd have firearms and ammo that they just issued out to us on the days that we needed them, but whatever I guess. I'll have to try and figure all of that out when I get to that point I guess. I'm still excited though!

Sheena and I went to the Living Planet Aquarium Friday after I got my uniforms ordered. We haven't been to it since it was just the little tiny place up in the Gateway Center. It was pretty dang cool, I think they've put it in an old grocery store or something. It looked like it used to be a Smiths or Albertsons or something I don't know. It was way cool though. Sheena finally pet a Stingray! We sat there and pet them for like 1/2 hour or so. They are so cool, you'd think they would be all slimy, but they almost feel like velvety. They are so friendly though, they kept swimming right up to the side of the pool and poking their noses out at Sheena so she would pet them on their noses. It was pretty cool to see, but of course we forgot the dang camera at home and didn't get any pictures taken. Then we came home, ordered pizza and downloaded some more songs for Rockband and just jammed till like 1:30 in the morning. It was so freakin fun, we had the T.V. cranked! She was singing like crazy, and we were being so silly and acting like such dorks. We're all too good at acting like that though :) Then today we slept in and when we got up we went and took a drive out to the west side of Utah Lake and went shooting my pistol. She wasn't going to shoot but I convinced her to try it and she loved it. She actually did pretty good, she hit the target several times. It was so funny because on the way home she told me "At least I don't close my eyes when I shoot this like I do when I shoot my .270 rifle." I was SHOCKED when she said that she closes her eyes with her rifle! She just said it so matter of fact like and couldn't understand why I was so shocked when I heard that. It was so dang funny, because she's actually a really good shot with her rifle, and to think she's shooting without looking at it. I told her imagine how good you could be if you'd keep them open..she laughed so hard! I think we've had so much fun this weekend, and we still have tonight and tomorrow. I know I've had a blast and I'm so glad to have her in my life, I know that it wouldn't be nearly as exciting or hilarious without that freak in my life. I love her with all of my heart and there is nothing I wouldn't do for that girl. As corny as it sounds she's the light of my life. Sure there are a few rough patches, but show me a relationship that doesn't have that. I wouldn't trade any of the past 6 years of my life for anything.

I gotta run, but I'll write again soon!

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Thank you. Thats really all I can say. :)