Friday, August 8, 2008

Almost finished....

Well I got my physical today and I can honestly say that it was the EASIEST physical that I have ever had the "pleasure" participating in. It lasted all of about 5 minutes, long enough for the doctor to ask me a couple questions about surgeries and diseases which I've had none of either. Then he listened to my lungs, heart and stomach. He then was trying to think of anything else he could ask me to do and the only thing he could think of was having me squat down and then get back up without using my hands, which was a piece of cake, no problem. So then he signed my paper and I was out of there, lickety split! Woo-Hoo that part is over now! So then because it was over with so fast and we didn't have to pick up the kids for a while, Sheena and I came back to the apartment and I went online and registered with UVU and paid my $35 fee. I then called them and they told me that I should be receiving an e-mail telling me about the financial aid that I applied for. So then once that was over it was only like 3:30 or so. So we decided to go to the bank and have the lady notorize my application for the POST Academy. So she did that, then we went and picked up the kids. After we got them, we went to Wal Mart for groceries and printed off my picture of me that I have to turn in with my application. We got Sheena some clothes then got groceries and came home. I couldn't believe how much we actually got accomplished in such a short amount of time. It was nice to be able to get all of that stuff done and now I don't have to worry about it anymore. So basically the ONLY thing I'm waiting on to see if I can still go to the academy is the financial aid. If I don't get the Pel Grant then I'm going to have to try and get a student loan or something, but I'm going to have to get it done quick because the academy starts on Sept. 9th. I hope that I do qualify for a Pel Grant and that it will cover all my costs. In talking to the guy at the financial aid office, he said that just by looking at my application it looks like I should qualify for one. That would be so freakin nice! So I will probably know Mon. or Tue. about the financial aid and then I can go from there. Either get a hold of Capt. DeMille and set up my appointment to meet with him if my Pel Grant goes through, or try to get a student loan and then meet with him. I just want to wait to find out about the financial part of it before I meet with him. Because once I meet with him, he'll tell me to go get my uniforms and I won't even know if I'm able to go or not, so it's easier to just wait until I find out for sure about the Grant.

Well I've kind of rambled on I guess, but I'm just so excited that I got all that crap done today. I didn't think I'd be able to get it all done till mid next week at the soonest. But I also didn't think my physical would be over so quickly. It was a very eventfull afternoon. And best of all we got to take off from work at 2:00 and still got our full 40 hours for the week. I planned ahead and didn't take lunch a couple days to make up the hours. See I DO use my head for something other than holding my ears apart, like my dad always says to me.

Sheena looks super HOTT in her new clothes. She looks good anyway, but she looked really really good today when I saw her in her new "diggs". It's hard to not look good when you already look as good as she does! I'm so excited, tomorrow we have to head down to Sanpete to go to her little sisters b-day party. But I think we're going to drop her present off and then try to get back to my parents house quickly because my mom agreed to take the two rugrats for the night and then we'd meet them Sun. and pick them up. It will be SO nice to get a night to hang out with Sheena and hopefully do something fun. We have quite a bit left over from our paychecks and I think we will probably do something. We haven't really done much of anything as of late. My entire life away from work has consisted of getting all this stuff done for the academy. And plus once I start the academy I'm really not going to have much time with her or the kids. Basically Mon.-Fri. I'm going to be going non stop from about 5:30 a.m until about 9:00 p.m. I have to work my normal job until about 4:30 then I have to hurry and go pick up the kids take them and Sheena home, get changed and get to the academy by 5:30 p.m. where I'll be until 9:00 p.m. Then on Sat. I will be at the academy from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. So basically my only free time with the kids and Sheena will be Sat. nights and Sunday. But I'll have to be studying for a better part of that time, so who knows. I know I'm going to be going on some ride alongs also with some officers, so that's bound to cut into my family time as well. AARGH! The sacrifices are so small though when I compare them to the big picture and the end reward. It's going to be a rough 9-10 months or so, but we have a strong marriage and a stronger love for one another ( I hope she does anyway :s ) that I know we'll be fine. My kids will understand hopefully. Poor Elgen he'll be so small and I'm going to have to miss a lot of his "firsts" I'm sure, but what do you do? There really isn't a whole lot that I can do about it. I need to do this for them as well as myself. I need to prove it to myself as well as EVERYONE who thinks that I'll never do it that I can and will do this and I will succeed. I'm done having people not believe in me. All I can say is just wait and see. It seems like it's forever away 10 months! But I'm sure once I get in there and am so busy with work and the academy that time will fly! I sure hope so, I want to be done with it already, I can hardly stand it. I keep seeing Provo City police cruisers all over and I keep imagining myself driving one of them. I keep telling Sheena that I would LOVE to have one of the new Dodge Chargers for my patrol car, but I highly doubt that I would get one. I'm sure where I'll be the FNG I will get the older kind of crappy car, but I dont' care. A Police cruiser is a Police cruiser for me, I'll just be happy to be a cop!

Anyway, I better end this now. I could ramble on like this forever it seems sometimes. I'll update you once I know anything.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

The kids will be fine, I promise. You worry too much, and I don't think you wil miss too much. :)