Sunday, September 7, 2008

So the academy starts in two days and I'm going crazy! I'm so freaking nervous I can hardly stand it. I'm sure everything will be fine, but I'm the type of person that I like to know that something will work out before I start it...I know it's dumb but that's how I am. I think that's why I've been having these issues of being super nervous about this, is just because until I get in there and see how it works I won't know what it's going to be like...argh! I went and got my parking pass on Friday, and I expected to have to buy one, but they had free parking just across the lawn from the building I'll be in, so I figured I'd rather walk a little then have to pay just so that I can park right next to the building, I'm not THAT lazy! ;) It was funny though, because there was a girl in the parking building place that you go to get your tag and she was pissed off because she had gotten a ticket I guess for parking in a non parking place. Apparently this is the second ticket for her for parking in the SAME spot! You'd think that you would learn your lesson the first time, but obviously not with this girl. Anyway she was raising her voice and saying how it wasn't fair and all but calling the cops bad names when I stood up to the counter to get my permit and I said loud enough she could hear me..."I'm going to the Police Academy and I need my parking permit." You should have seen the look on her face it was priceless. She was shocked and had that deer in the headlights look then she just shut up and filled out her little appeal paper to try and get out of the ticket. It was pretty funny though. 

Today is Elgens birthday party. It should be pretty fun, we're going to have it out at the park on 5th west and center street here in Provo rather than Salem pond like Chelsea's. It just seems a little out of the way for some people and this one is more centralized. Plus it's closer to the apartment so that if there is too many people or something we can just come back here to the apartment and have it. Sheena's parent's came by yesterday and visited for a while and dropped off his presents from them. They gave him a little dog toy that you pull on the string and the dog has little wheels underneath it so it can roll, but it barks and stuff when you pull on the string. He loves that toy! He loves dogs though, it's cute. And then he got a bouncing Tigger, it's cute. He has been playing with both of them for most of the day yesterday and all morning so far today. He's a funny little kid, it doesn't seem like it's been a year already. Like they say though, "Time flies when you're having fun." I sure hope the academy goes by this fast or faster. I'm so ready to just be done with it and get on with a department. Anyway, nothing else to write about really, so I guess I'll go. 

1 comment:

Sheena said...

You are going to be fine. It probably helped to have dad give you a blessing before hand. I hope it helps you not be so nervous. :)
I know that you can do it, and I hope that you know that I would love you just as much if had never decided to finally go for it. I think mom was right though, you would have spent your whole life wondering 'what if?' if you never even tried. It will go fast and I just know that you will be great!

Love you!