Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ahhh...life.

Well it's been a while since I've posted so I guess I'll write something. I have my physical tomorrow for the Police Academy...yee-haw! No, it's not going to be anything bad. For god's sake I went through the Army's physical, so I know there is NOTHING that bad! I just hate going to the doctor, but oh well it's not going to take too long and before I know it I'll be finished with it. It's stupid though, since I don't have insurance I have to pay $60 up front...how gay is that? I guess that's just one of the "luxuries" of not having insurance available from my job. That's actually one of the reasons that I'm going through the Police Academy. I want to be able to have insurance...good insurance.....for my wife and kids. Especially with Chelsea starting Kindergarten this year. That's not the only reason for me going though, otherwise that would be kind of wierd. No, I've always wanted to be a cop, considering my dad was in Law Enforcement for nearly 40 years, I've kind of "grown" into it I guess. I'll be making quite a bit more money and plus the whole job security thing too. I could go pretty much anywhere and get a job if I needed to. I hope that I can get on with Provo City and I like it. That way I'd just stay there till it was time to retire. Which brings me to my next reason for going through, retirement. I don't have that where I work now and I really think it's an important thing to plan for.

Well along with Sheena I've given up soda this whole last week. I have been drinking so much freakin water it's insane. I never thought anyone could drink as much water as I've been drinking over the past week. I am constantly having to go pee, but I do feel quite a bit better so far. I'm hoping that by cutting out soda I can lose more weight than if I was still drinking soda. I haven't been as dilligent this week for going to the gym as I have been for the last month and a half. I just haven't been able to get a decent nights sleep this whole week and so it's been nearly impossible to get up at 5:30 A.M. to get ready to go. I am going tomorrow morning and Sat. morning though no matter how tired I am. I have to at least get a few days in or else I'll really feel like crap. I've felt extra chubby this whole week because I haven't been going like I should have been.

Well, for anyone who reads this blog, as cheesy as it sounds, keep me in your prayers. I am going to need help with the academy at first I'm sure, so I could use all the extra prayers and "I'm pulling for you" that I can get.

I'm going to go get Chelsea, and get her ready for bed, so I guess I'll write again another time.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

I am the lucky one, your a stinker. And I promise I won't try to sleep in next week and I will go to the gym with you EVERY day next week (except Saturday, but you already know that.)

I love you.... even though you are kidn of weird and a little bit halfway retarded sometimes. In fact, I think that is my favorite part. ;)