Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Great Awesome News!

Well I got everything back from my financial aid. I got a Pell Grant and I took a small Student Loan. I turned in my application and got accepted into the Police Academy yesterday. I start on September 9th and I can hardly stand it I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time! This Friday I have to go get fitted for my uniforms, so that will be exciting. I also got my MPN for my student loan this morning, I didn't expect it for at least a week. When I talked to the girl at the Financial Aid office, she said that it would probably take at least a week to get all that stuff sent where it needed to go. Well I checked this morning and it was already there. I signed it and everything and it should be here in a few days I'm hoping.

I also e-mailed my boss last night and told him about it and that I was going to have to adjust my schedule a little bit so that I can get the kids picked up and get to school by 5:30 p.m. I basically told him that I was going to the Academy and that I'd be finished in about a year. I was kind of worried that he was going to be upset at the fact that I was going to leave, but he was actually really happy for me. He called me this morning at work and told me that I was a "stud" for following my dreams and bettering myself. I was a little surprised by his reaction, I really thought he'd be upset, but he wasn't.

Anyway, I'm gonna go eat my lunch, but I just thought I'd update anyone who reads this....yeah right.

2 comments:

Cali and Brett Smith said...

Congrats again scottie!

Sheena said...

You are weird, but I am SO proud of you. I told you that you could do it. It's not very often I get to say 'I told you so!' - so don't get mad when I do it frequently for this. :)

I love you and you are going to make one hell of an officer.