Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Test Results Are In!!

Well I got home from work today and the testing center up at UVU called me and told me that they had my test results in. They asked me if I wanted them to mail them to me or did I want to come by and pick them up. Of course I said that I'd come up there and pick them up. There is no way that I could have waited for them to get here in the mail. I'd be going crazy wondering whether or not I passed. So I tried to convince Sheena that she didn't need to come with and drag the kids up there and everything, but obviously that wasn't going to fly with her. She INSISTED that she come along with. So we gathered up the kids and loaded them in the car and headed up to UVU. When I got there and started walking in to get my results I started to get a little nervous and kinda sick to my stomach. I know it sounds kind of blown out of proportion but I was getting worried. I got them and immediately opened them up to see what I got and I was so freakin excited when I saw that I got a 96% overall! I couldn't believe it. I tried to act like I didn't pass or that I didn't know yet while walking back to the car in an attempt to trick Sheena. When I got in the car I just tossed the envelope to her and she opened it up and started crying! She was so excited and it's kinda cool to see someone get so excited for me to do something. She said she was so proud of me for doing it and proving all these people that don't believe in me wrong. I love it when I get the chance to do that, prove people wrong when they think you can't do something. Anyway, so now all I still have to do is get my driving record (probably tomorrow) and get a physical (probably Fri.) Then I have to go have my interview with Capt. DeMille hopefully sometime next week. Then once THAT is all done I have to get a hold of the financial aid people and see if I do qualify for a Pel Grant or what. That's really the only thing now that can stop me from going in Sept. If I don't get financial help then I don't know if I'll be able to go this Sept. The only other option would be a student loan and I'm not sure how long that would take to see if I could get one or if I could even qualify for one. I really hope that after going through all this crap that something stupid like financing doesn't stand in my way. We'll just have to see I guess, but I'm going to keep a positive attitude until I'm given a reason to think otherwise.

So Sheena and I bought 5 lottery tickets today for the Power Ball tomorrow. I don't know if we'll win anything or not but hey, it was only $10 and if not then no big loss. But we were looking at the winnings and it's insane how much money you can win, you don't necessarily have to win the power ball to win decent money. If we won the power ball I would probably have a freakin heart attack! I don't' know how I would handle having that much money all of the sudden seriously. Well I am not going to get too excited until I read that I won! I'm keeping a positive attitude that way hopefully I can "will" some good luck to me right ;) Anyway, I gotta go eat dinner, but I just wanted to update everyone that was reading this blog that I passed my test and I'm that much closer to getting everything done for the academy. YAAY for me!

2 comments:

Sheena said...

I am a dork, but I am very proud of you. It's really an amazing thing to watch someone persue their dreams with such intensity. YAY for you!

Cali and Brett Smith said...

congratulations scott-- I knew you would do really good!