Friday, July 18, 2008

Well I did it. I went and took my Entrance exam for the Police Academy yesterday. I studied really hard all last week and over the weekend and I definately think it paid off. I honestly wouldn't be a bit surprised if I Aced the whole thing. How freakin awesome would that look for me when I meet with the POST advisor. When I got there to take the test I was talking with a few of the people there and they were taking it for like their 3rd or 4th time. They had failed it each time they had taken it up until yesterday. I was starting to worry that maybe my studying wouldn't help me out after all. But then as soon as I saw the test booklet I knew that I had studied the right stuff. It looked exactly like the study guide, picture on the cover and all. So I breezed through the test and when we finished I honestly thought to myself "how the hell could anyone not pass this?" I'll feel really stupid if I don't pass now. I'm not worried about it though, I have NEVER taken a test and felt that good about it afterwards. Not even when i was in college at Snow College. I always felt kind of uneasy when I finished my tests down there, but not this time. Like I said earlier I honestly feel like I very easily could have Aced that whole thing. I think if I did miss any questions that the most I could have missed would've been maybe two. I can't think of any other questions that I was a little unsure about. Most of them were really basic, common knowledge type questions. But the way I figured is if someone can't pass this test by the third time, then maybe law enforcement isn't exactly the right career field for them you know what I mean? It's kind of a scary thought that there is someone out there armed with a gun and having as much authority as an officer does and they can't even figure out what 50 x 2.5 is? The crappiest part of the whole thing is that I have to wait at least a week and a half until I get my results back. I know I'll pass but I wanna know how well I did on the whole thing. In the meantime while waiting for my test results I'm going to be getting a copy of my diploma, my driving record and my birth certificate. Then once I get my results back I can go get my physical done at work med and then I think that's about it and I'll be all ready. How exciting is that!? I can't believe that it's actually happening, it's always just been something in the future that I would someday like to do, but now it's here and it's kinda wierd.

On a different note, last week I had to read about how "bad I am for Sheena" from one of her so called friends. Honestly I am so sick and tired of hearing people that don't like me for whatever reason tell Sheena that I'm a bad person and I'm abusive and controlling. It's ridiculous and anyone that truly knows the REAL me knows that I'm nothing like that. Now I'm the first to admit that I'm not perfect and I do have some issues, but honestly who doesn't have issues at some point in their life? I don't think they are anything that warrants people calling me an abusive husband by no means. It used to really bother me and offend me when Sheena's mom would constantly say things like that about me, but I'm over it. The way I figure is if they ever took the time to get to know me then they would obviously see that I'm nothing like that. But they're too immature and childish to ever take the time to get to know me so all they know is the issues that I had and they seem to just focus in on those and don't ever let them go. I don't know why it's so hard for people to grasp the concept that people can and do change. So that put a damper on my good mood for a few days, but I realized that this so called "friend" is a nobody and she's not even worth mentioning her name. I wasn't going to let her effect me and make it harder for me to concentrate on getting ready for my test. She's a petty worthless person who is miserable for whatever reason and she can't stand to see anyone else actually happy so she feels the need to drag others down to her level. I honestly DO wish that this girl and Sheena's mom would've taken the time and put in the effort to actually get to know me for me, but they obviously didn't and they don't seem to want to now so I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I'm happier than I ever thought I could be with Sheena and I know she feels the same because she's told me so, on many occasions. We've had our "rough patches" but what marriage hasn't had an occasional bump in the road right? We'd never grow or evolve if everything was perfect all the time. I think we have a very strong relationship and a stronger marriage and I wouldn't trade any of it for anything in the world. So basically in a nut shell Sheena's mom and this other girl can just keep on thinking whatever they wanna think about me, because the people that matter to me in my life know the real me and know I'm nothing like this so called "monster" that I've been portrayed as.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hear, hear! All the naysayers and negative people out there can shove it! You and Sheena are good people. Glad you're not going to let those who need to hurt others just to feel good about themselves get to you.

Sheena said...

You are awesome. I am proud as heck and I really think that I have a great reason to be. I love you the mostest. :)

Thanks for being so swesome, and you are totally right, it isn't worth mentioning her name.

Cali and Brett Smith said...

you are a good person scott-- and you are perfect for sheena and I see how happy you make her... People are going to say whatever they can to make themselves feel better about the people they are.. but those are the people who are no good.