Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yahoo!

I'm in such a good mood today. I've recently witnessed Sheena's "coming out", and I've FINALLY got my study guide for the Police Academy. It all seems like it's real now, it's kind of scary but I'm excited.

I was worried that Sheena was going to kill me when she read that I posted about her being bi-sexual, but I was pleasantly surprised when not only she commented on my post that she wasn't mad but then she went ahead and posted her own blog stating the exact same thing! How freakin lucky am I? I've got what pretty much every man in America wants, a wife who is not only faithful to him 100% but she's bi-sexual and likes girls too! I've got the best of both worlds some could say. She and I have talked about it a few times over the past few days about her recent admission. She says that she feels really liberated to finally come out and admit that she was like that. I think it's awesome not only for the OBVIOUS reason but more than that it's because I like to see her be truly happy and I knew she was keeping something "buried" for all these years. She said that she was worried how her friends would take the news. Then she said that if they were true friends then they'd still be her friends regardless of her sexual preference. I totally agree with her on that note. Then to her excitement one of her newer friends ( this girl that works in the same business complex as us) named Cali e-mailed her and told her that she thought it was so cool that Sheena had the guts to admit that. She said that Sheena was "rad", which made her feel good obviously. Anyway I'm excited and I can't wait to see where the future leads us in this "endeavor" :)

Now about the Academy, I finally got my study guide and started reading it. It's really mostly pretty basic knowledge. In fact in the book it says that most of "law enforcement" is common knowledge. I took one of the little pre-tests that is in one of the study guides and only missed one question. It's the guide to the test that I have to take prior to applying for the academy. I know for a fact that I'll have no problem passing that. It was pretty basic stuff like Grammar, Math and Reading Comprehension, and fortunately I'm pretty good at all of those things. I also got in contact today with the guy who's kind of in charge of the Academy at UVSC and he told me a little bit more information that I didn't know but was happy to hear. He said that they usually are able to get everyone in the academy that puts in there application. He told me not to worry about it and just get my stuff done, like the test and studying and then get a hold of him when I'm ready to go interview with him for the academy. I didn't know there was an interview for it, but I am assuming that it's basically just to find out why you're going and what your goals and stuff are, who knows... I also found out that there is no physical requirements to go to the academy, the only requirements are the ones when you graduate. So by then I KNOW I'll be in good enough shape to pass everything.

When I went to the gym this morning I tried the 1.5 mile run on the treadmill. I'm supposed to be able to run it in 15:54. After not running for about 4 years I was able to do 1.25 miles in the alloted time. So I think with a couple weeks training and conditioning I'll be fine. I can do almost all the push-ups and almost all the sit-ups. The only thing I'm still unclear on is the vertical jump. You have to be able to jump like 16 inches or something. I dont' know if it's a running jump or just standing still. I could EASILY do it if it's a running jump, but if I have to stand still then I will have to work on it some more for sure. I can't imagine why you wouldn't want a running jump considering while being an officer when would you need to just stand there and jump. If you needed to jump you'd be chasing someone and you'd be running. We'll have to just wait and see on that one as well I guess.

Anyway, I wanna knock on wood cause life seems to be falling into place really well right now. Sheena is happier now then I think she's EVER been in our marraige (I think alot of it has to do with her recent "thing") I'm getting closer to getting in the academy. We're both losing weight and feeling better about ourselves. I think that one has probably the biggest impact on our marraige. When both people feel good about themselves and aren't constantly making fat comments about them it makes it so much easier for the other person to be happy. Plus working out always makes us happy. I am just super excited that things seem to be going really well and I don't think that I've ever been this happy in a long time. Sheena's new admission I think was the thing that just sent it over the top though. She's so much more fun to be around now that she's not constantly worrying about what other people are thinking about her. She has also started to "check herself out" in the mirror and stuff, commenting to me how she's "hot" and stuff. It's such an awesome thing and it really makes me........well let's just say "happy". You can take that last word however you want ;)

No comments: