Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another Day at the Gym...

So we went to the gym again today, it's starting to get routine again which is a good thing. Sheena still is really stubborn to get up in the morning, but I just drag her out. She's not very happy with me first thing, but usually by the time we leave for the gym she's awake and not mad anymore. She is one of the deepest sleepers I've ever seen. The other day I was trying to wake her up to go to the gym and she was snoring. I reached over and grabbed her arms and lifted them up. I lifted them far enough that her head lifted off the pillow so you'd think she'd wake up right.......wrong! I couldn't believe it she just kept on snoring so loud it was so dang funny! I was kinda upset cause she wouldn't get up but I couldn't help but laugh just because it was so dang funny. Anyway, we obviously didn't go to the gym that day, I think that was Monday. So we've been going since Tue. and I feel pretty good.

Today we used the elyptical machines and I normally don't like them, in fact I hate them. Every other time we went to the gym in Spanish Fork and Sheena wanted to use them I dreaded it because they made my legs hurt really bad and I couldn't go for very long before my thighs were burning too bad and I had to stop. Well today was a different story. I think I must be in better shape now then I was when we used to go to the Spanish Fork gym. I was on the machine today for 40 minutes and I could've gone for another 1/2 hour easy. My legs didn't hurt this time and I felt pretty good while using it. I feel like I got a good workout today, I got really good cardio and then we lifted weights for about 15 minutes or so. I worked my arms and chest today. Tomorrow I'll work my abs and that's probably all I'll do other than the normal cardio. Every other day I do 1/2 hour cardio and then about 15-25 minutes of lifting weights. I usually just work my upper body because my lower body gets a workout while doing cardio. Then the alternate days that I'm not doing upper body I do 45 minutes cardio and then work my abs for about 15 minutes. I feel like I am doing a good job and I think it's working, I sure feel better that's for sure. I am still at 306lbs, so I'm still at 20lbs so far. I hope I start losing some more weight soon. I will freak out when I get under the 300lb mark, the last time I was under 300lbs was when I went into the Army 5 1/2 years ago. I think I'm in better shape now then I was then, even though I weigh more, how wierd is that. My arms are really starting to show some good definition in them and my chest is starting to flatten out and show a little definition.

My parents are coming up tomorrow to go dinner with Sheena, Me, my sister and her husband. It will be fun, it's been a long time since Sheena and I have been out to dinner, even with the kids. We're taking them with, Sheena is excited to take Elgen with because we havent' taken him anywhere yet. We haven't been "out to eat" in a long time anyway, which is a good thing, that's helping with the weight loss I know it. We're going to Chuck O Rama which is always a good place to go, they have really good, healthier food. I think we might be going fishing afterwards also. I'm pretty sure that my dad will want to go, he hasn't been in a while and now that the catfish are biting he LOVES to go fishing for them. But that's fine with me, I'm always and I mean always game for fishing! It doesn't matter what kind of fish we're going for, I love to go it's so much fun.

Well anyway, gotta run. I'm sure I'll write more again tomorrow. This has turned out to be a lot more fun then I originally thought it was going to be. It's kind of nice to be able to write my thoughts down and not have to use paper and a pen. Plus it is a nice place for me to keep a workout journal if nothing else. I know they say that people who are trying to lose weight are more successful when they keep a journal. So I guess we'll see, hopefully that rings true!

No comments: