Friday, June 6, 2008

Well I figured I had a few minutes so I would write in this again. Sheena would get mad at me if I didn't keep it up. ;) I'm still on track with losing weight to get ready to go through the police academy. I stepped on the scale this morning and about fell off. I am down to 306lbs, which I know to some may sound really bad still, but for me it's awesome. I started out at 326lbs about a month and a half ago, so if that helps put it into perspective. I'm really proud of myself and I have a TON of motivation now. It always helps when you can actually see results instead of working your butt off and not seeing any progress. It's very easy to get discouraged and give up, but dang it all anyway, Im not giving up this time! I've been drinking that nasty green drink like crazy and the yummy chocolate meal replacement drink too. I've cut my soda down to one can a day, and most days I don't have ANY, which is obviously helping the situation.
I decided to start going to the Golds Gym in Provo instead of the Spanish Fork one. I love it, it's so much better than the Spanish Fork one. It's awesome, on all of their treadmills and bikes they have little 15 inch HDTV screens mounted on the front of them. It's awesome because they've got the bigger T.V.'s on the wall, but then there is the little ones on the machine that you can plug your headphones into and change the channels and stuff. Their T.V.'s also have cable so you can watch different shows instead of whatever they've got programmed on the big screens. It's kind of stupid to get so excited over something like a T.V. but it's pretty cool. Plus they've got the Cardio Cinema thing. It's a new room that has the cardio machines in it and on the outside they have what movie they're showing on the wall by the door like a movie theater. That room is usually pretty busy though, so I just stay out on the bikes and watch my own little T.V.
The other day I went to pick up the kids with Sheena from daycare and our daycare provider was talking to Sheena about weight loss and she told her that I lost 20lbs so far. Lynn (our daycare lady) asked Sheena how much I weighed and she told her that I was down to 306lbs. Lynn couldn't believe that I weighed that much. She told Sheena that her husband was a LOT bigger than I was and he only weighed 320lbs. So that made me feel good. I guess maybe I wear it well I don't know:) Sheena is always telling me that I don't look like I weigh what I do, but it's just one of those things that I have a hard time believing. Not that I don't believe her, but it's just one of those things that I sometimes think maybe she says to make me feel better about myself. I know that she says she doesn't do that, but sometimes it's kinda wierd to hear that I look good. I've never been told that I was "hot" so I guess maybe it's just something that I'll have to get used to. I know that I do have a lot of muscle and they always say that muscle weighs more than fat (which is true) so maybe I'm just super buff ;) I'm a dork, but seriously I think that I must have a lot of muscle because I look at other guys who are the same weight as I am and I don't look anywhere near as fat as they do. A perfect example is my boss, he lost all the weight but before he did he was as big as I was. He weighed about 325lbs and to look at him, he looked like he weighed that. But I look at his pictures of when he weighed that much and I don't look anything like that. So who knows why it is, but all I know is that I look pretty good for as heavy as I am. I can't wait till I lose the rest of the weight so that I can see what kind of muscle structure I've got going on under this chubby shell! Sheena won't be able to keep her hands off me once I lose the weight. She says she can't as it is now, but I don't know how much there is to that. Again, not cause I think she's lying it's just one of those things I guess.
Man oh man have I been sick for the past week! Saturday night I started to get stomach cramps really bad and then Sunday it just got worse. I pretty much just laid around on Sunday and I had the "trots" too, so it wasn't fun. Well Monday I woke up and still felt like crap so I took the day off and just kinda nursed myself. Sheena was sick too, so we just hung out together at home feeling crappy together. Then Tuesday I felt fine, so I came back to work. Well shortly after getting here I started to feel like crap again still trotting too :) Anyway, this continued on clear up until yesterday (Thursday). I don't know what the heck it was but wow it was terrible. I feel fine now, and I'm so excited to get back to the gym. I haven't dared go to the gym the past week with the way I was feeling, so it will be good to get back into the swing of things.
I'm so dang nervous about the Police Academy it's crazy. I am having issues with the fact that if I'm able to lose the weight and get in shape in time then I won't be able to pass the written part of it. I know I'm just psyching myself out and I need to quit doing it. I always have a tendancy to do this type of thing to myself when I'm trying to achieve something I hate it. I think I'll be alright and I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to do it, but it's still kinda nerve racking. Sheena has always been more than supportive throughout our relationship, but even more so with this. I know she just wants to see me succeed and that's awesome. I don't get too many people in my life that not only support me but actually WANT me to do good, so it's a welcome change.
Speaking of Sheena, she is the most wonderful wife that I could've ever asked for. She's always good for comic relief and she doesn't mind being the 'butt' of the jokes with me. I like to tease her, but that's only cause she takes it so well, and well I'll be honest she IS quite an easy target. I love her more than anything in this world. I honestly never thought that I could love someone as much as I love her! I also have two of the best children in the entire world. Elgen and Chelsea are such good kids. I'm the luckiest guy in the world to be blessed with three of the best people in the world that love me. Sheena sometimes tells me that she wishes that I would do sweet little things like I used to. I love doing those things, but part of the reason I don't do them as often is I don't know what to do. I kind of ran out of ideas, so that's a lot of why they don't happen as often they used to. I used up all my ideas while we were dating, so when I think of one, I do it. I hope that she knows that I love her more and more with every day, and that she means the world to me.
Well, I guess that's about all that I can think of to write about this time. So I guess I'll take off and I'll write again in a day or so, or when I think of something else to talk about.

No comments: