Thursday, October 2, 2008

Update

Wow, I didn't realize it had been nearly a month since I wrote last. I've been just a little busy with the Academy and work you know? ;) Well I thought I would write a quick update and let whoever cares know how things are going with me in my life right now.

I am in my 4th week of the Academy, so the first block is almost officially half done! PHEW! This week has been an interesting one. I've decided myself to refer to this week as "hell week" and I think it's deserved it so far. We have done nothing but P.T. and Defensive Tactics all week. We don't do anything else this whole week, so it's pretty hard. I'm sore and I my shins are killing me from all the running, but I guess it's only going to get easier, I know it has gotten a lot easier in just 4 weeks. I'm in a lot better shape then I was when I started and I thought I was in alright shape then, WRONG! But I'm surviving and I know it will all be worth it when it's all said and done. I have P.T. and defensive tactics tonight and then just P.T. on Friday, so it's almost over with. The nights we have only P.T. we are only there for an hour and then we go home, so those days aren't so bad. Most nights we're there till 9:30 though and that kind of sucks. Keep in mind class is Mon-Sat, so really my ONLY day off is Sunday, and that kind of blows. Oh well, I'll be done on November 19th and then I will have a nice break until either Jan. or March depending on if I can get in the earlier class. March would be ideal just because I would then have my income tax refund to help me buy my equipment for the second block. But the January one would be good too because then I would be done in March and could get on a department sooner. We'll have to just wait and see. I can't believe that it's already been a month though, time has gone by so fast. I was worried that it was going to drag on and on and on, but it's gone surprisingly fast. Now I just wish that it was already over with, I'm so tired and ready for a break it's insane! I go to work all day, hurry and go get the kids from daycare, take them and Sheena home, quickly change into whatever uniform I need for that night and grab a bottle of water and head out the door. I get out of school around 9:00-9:30 and head home, grab a small something to eat and go shower and go to bed. That's my day Monday through Friday. Then on Saturday I get up at 7:00 shower and get ready, go to school until usually 5:00 pm, then go home and try to get a whole days worth of errands done in like 3 hours so that the kids can get to bed at a decent time. Needless to say Sundays I don't do a whole heck of a lot if I can avoid it. I like to just lounge around and just kind of kick back and do a whole lot of nothing. Anyway, I'm halfway done with the first block and I'm still doing pretty good. It's a lot of stuff to cram in your brain all at once, but I'm sure a lot of it will come easier with job experience so I'm not going to worry myself about it right now.

Well that's an update on my school for now, I'll try not to let it go so long before I post again. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You'll be done with this first block on my birfday!

Sheena said...

I know it's madness and you are SO tired. I just want to say that I am so proud of you and I know that it will all be worth it. Keep giving it your best, you are doing so great! :) Mwuah! I love you!

Mike said...

Thats Awesome man!