Saturday, September 13, 2008

My first week

So I just finished my first week in the Police Academy. I'm still a little sore, but I've been running each night after school so that contributes to my soreness. I'm also a little drained from trying to learn so much! It's crazy all the different things that I'm learning. It's very interesting though, so that makes it so much better and a little easier to handle. Today for instance we spent 8 hours on the Criminal Codes! It's about as thick as the phone book and just about as exciting too ;) They are a little confusing, but I guess I dont' have to know them all right now. I've got plenty of time to learn everything, but I like to try and learn it all at once, it's always been one of my "faults" if you would call it that. I'm excited about it though, and I'm really excited about where this new "adventure" will take me in my life. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about becoming a Police Officer, but I'm not going to let that stop me. I'm well aware of the bad that comes along with the job, afterall my dad was an officer for the first 23 years of my life, so I know what to expect a little better than your "regular joe." I think Sheena is probably more nervous than I am, but that's to be expected I guess. God forbid anything happen to me she will be the one to carry the responsibility of raising our little children. I know she's strong enough to do it though, but I hope it never comes to that. I'm excited for next week though, that's when the real fun starts. We get to start doing Defense Tactics and Arrest Control Tactics and all that fun stuff. Basically we're going to get to throw each other around and learn how to "kick ass" :) 

On a completely different note, I recently discovered some things about my religion and the Mormon Church in general that are very disturbing to me. For the first time in my life, my faith in my religion is not as solid as it always has been. I'm not doubting "God" or "Jesus Christ", I don't know how anyone could do that. If you ever wondered about that, just take a drive through the mountains, or go watch a sunset or something like that. I'm just a little concerned with the things that I'm learning. I'm not going to list any specifics on here, just because I don't want to be the reason anyone else "questions" the church. I figure if anyone wants to know these or any other things, they will do the research. I'm not saying I don't want to be Mormon either, but I am saying that I'm questioning it. I'm doing some praying and soul searching this past week and will continue to do so until my questions are answered then I'll make my decision based on that. Please anyone that wants to try and "save" me....don't. I'm not becoming a blasphemist or anything, just doing a little searching is all. No worries! I know my true friends that read this...oh yeah the only people that read this ARE my true friends...they won't judge me or treat me any different. I know they'll be there for me throughout the whole thing regardless of my decision and I hope they are aware that I'd be there for them no matter what. Yeah even you Mikey ;) 

Anyway, I'm gonna go, but I'll write another school update once I get my next week finished. 

2 comments:

Sheena said...

I was worried about specifically posting what we were experiencing with the religion, but I guess since that ship has sailed I am glad that you did it first. :)

I am so proud, you have been so diligent in running every night so far. I didn't know that you wanted to do this that bad, but it's neat to see you just go for it. I knew you could do it! Just keep working toward it, you will be there before you know it. :)

Love you!

Mike said...

Thats awesome to hear that things are going well. I hope it continues to be fun and exciting!